Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ava Goes to Washington



Remember boys....


I love hugs



A surprise for Daddy




Look at all of my luggage!




















The Amazing Glen Gary and Adam's $100 Bill

Bundled for the trip
















I had to travel to Washington DC for my annual meeting (which was wonderful this year) and since Ava and I are still attached at the.....well no need to continue. Anyways, Adam and Ava joined me for the trip. It was a first time to DC for both of them and while their first objective was not to meet the President, they did have some fun adventures as I set in meetings all day.

We flew into Baltimore, because I am el cheapo, and decided to take a bus to the train and then the train to the depot and then walk what felt like 10 miles to the hotel in the freezing cold with 3 suitcases, 2 carry ons, a stroller, carseat, oh and Ava. It took us almost 4 hours to get from the airport to the hotel thus I only enjoyed one museum.

The next day Adam and Ava spent time in the Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum. I asked them to take tons of pictures and Adam took some but they were of Ava in her carseat, and Ava in her carseat, and Ava in her carseat. Well, I guess there was one of Ava on her changing pad just so Adam could remind me that YES he even changed diapers. And the only other picture Adam took was for Ava's future suitors, the Hope Diamond is the only diamond that would be suitable for his little girl. Ava is his little princess.

So as I am calling Adam to meet him at the Mall for some sightseeing he and Ava are arriving back at the hotel from a 1.5 hour trip on the train. Evidently the train Adam was on met head on (literally) with one of the hundreds of crazy people in DC. Needless to say the train was stopped and all passengers had to find a new route to their destination and my trip downtown was not going to happen. So instead we went to see The Amazing Glenn Gary. A parlor magician that proved to be another one of "Ashley's Adventures." The next day, Ava and Adam spent most of their time in the ESPN zone enjoying 14 tv's of greatness.

Ava was a trooper throughout the entire trip. We were thinking back and she cried a total of 30 minutes in 4 days. We are so lucky!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment