Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Customary Santa Pics

Oh Santa, we really do love you.....but only from a distance.

Earlier this month, Santa came to visit Ava at school. As soon as we got to school, I went into where Santa was sitting and introduced Ava to him.  She was okay with him on a name only basis but when it came to sitting on his lap - it did not happen.  Santa could not even get within 3 feet of Ava. Thus no pictures were taken of Ava sitting on Santa's lap and I decided that I was not going to waste time at any store to get a funny Santa shot - just not worth it. Until.....

While out  with the Wilsons, 
there arose such a clatter 
and we all turned around to see what the matter. 
When, what to my wandering eyes would appear......
I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick!  

Sorry back to the story, by this time we had trimmed the tree and talked about Santa each and every day, so Ava called out to Santa to say hello.  Santa walked over to where we were to greet Ava and Grace and you can only imagine.  Immediately, Grace went under the table and politely told Santa to leave; Ava just stood in awe of the power she must of had to get Santa to walk over to her table. Adam was determined to get a pic of Ava with Santa so they stood up next to the jolly St. Nick and asked me to take a shot.  

The RESULT.....Of course it is a horrible picture where Adam is trying to distract Ava and Ava is crying like nobodies business.
 So we decided I would give it a good ole college try.....nope not going to happen.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!

We are beginning our whirlwind Christmas trip to Del Rio this week, actually Ava left today to spend some time with Bubby before the hustle and bustle of Christmas sets in full force.  As we do each year, Adam and I will be tending to the store on Christmas Eve and then arriving in Del Rio around midnight. I know when we arrive, we will be welcomed with open arms to a bunch of Lowes playing games and laughing at everything. I am sure Ava will be right in the middle of the fun.

Sometimes I get sad that we can't join in on all the Christmas Eve festivities but do enjoy the excitement of the store and spending time with Adam.  Even though he only let's me stock the shelves and talk to people, I still enjoy being a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment