Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010



We had a great trip up to Abilene to see T-Bill and Rosie's new house. It was beautiful and a perfect setting for Ava's first Easter Egg Hunt! We started the weekend off at the zoo and that evening had a practice run for the big day. With all the practice she got Saturday night, by Sunday, she was a pro and absolutely loved hunting all the eggs. T-Bill liked to make it a challenge for little Ava but she found all of the over 30 eggs that were hidden.

The Abilene Zoo is perfect for Ava. We are all about animals right now and this zoo is not too big and the animals are so close to you that you can even feed them.....


This little guy comes up to eat your crackers. Ava was not a fan of his big tounge, but I sure thought it was cool!

To Ava's favorite part, the Flamingos.

In the Lowe house, flamingos say "Ariba" right Ava? I guess it is always a party in the Lowe house

Easter Egg Hunt #1 .....the Practice
One little quirk about Ava is her need to round up, sort, and then put up again. Sometimes it is a bit obsessive, but I know she will always be tidy.
Oh I think she is ready for the big day!

Grandpa and Ava, Easter 2010, We are glad the weather cooperated so he was able to come to Abilene
We are off

And the 2nd Easter egg hunt begins!

T-Bill you sure are making it tough on Ava to find these eggs....
I was trying to help her find the eggs on the deck, but look behind me, I am definately in the way of a very special pink egg......
" Just get out of the way, Mom, I am on a mission "

Daddy always makes hunting Easter eggs much easier. T-Bill had put this egg in that hole. I mean really, how was Ava supposed to get that?
Taking out the eggs
T-Ray, Grandpa, and Grandma

T-Bill and Rosie checking out Ava's Eggs

Trying to balance with all of these eggs!!

Oh the special egg!!!!!
Ava was all about sharing this year. She is cutting molars so is not in the best of moods and food sometimes hurts her, so we all got to enjoy Ava's PEEPS!
We had to have two bags for the Easter Egg Hunt. Thank you everyone!
>

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I can't believe how long her hair is getting! I'm glad you guys got to spend Easter with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Easter pics and especially Ava's Easter dress! Target right? Picture this...Colby and I are walking through Target, I see this dress and love it, I pick it up, show Colby and tell him what cute fabric it is and what a precious little dress. Hmm.. I think...should I buy this dress for our niece, nope she's got a TON of clothes. Well, I wish I could buy this for our baby! Oh wait...we don't have a baby. Darn! Haha! So I can live vicariously through sweet Ava and her Easter dress, love it, she is precious! :)

    ReplyDelete