Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Time Away From Mom and Dad




Over Memorial Weekend, Adam played in a golf tournament in Uvalde and we had a fun night planned in Concan listening to Gary P. Nunn. So Frank and Teresa (still working on their "names") reluctantly agreed (as they clicked their heals in jubilation) to take Ava on Saturday so that Adam and I could have some adult time.

Ava had a ball! She swam in the pool, set on the patio and watched the sun set behind the sleeping lady, and entertained all that came to visit her. I have decided that we now need to build a pool in the backyard because being in the water seems to be Ava's favorite thing. We are in search of that oil well or golden ticket if you know where I can find one.....


Ya know, I never thought that having a night all about me would be something I would dread but leaving Ava for one night, not even 24 hours, was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I knew she was going to have everything she ever wanted and more, but I just missed her so much. I hear it all the time but I can honestly say that there is no greater love than the love you have for your children. How cheesy I must sound because I am not the lovey dovey or over emotional person at all, but I cannot believe how much this little girl has a hold of my heart and will for the rest of her life. Why can't time just stop for a while so that I can savor every moment and every little thing she does!!!



Next week will be the true test of survival. Ava is heading up to Spearman to become Farmer Lowe while Adam and I take a much needed vacation with the Wilsons. My current stress is how am I going to possibly pump for 4 days while being a tourist. There is no way that I am going to take that silly pump with me around Las Vegas - wouldn't that be a site - ya know what, I probably won't look too out of place pumping at the craps table.

3 comments:

  1. You're so funny! Ava is a cutie pie!
    Have fun on your vacation and enjoy it. I know what you mean about leaving the little ones... I can't be gone more than a couple of hours and I have to have a play-by-play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She reminds me of a little doll with those blue eyes and sweet lips! Your mom was telling my mom that Ava was coming to stay. I'm sure your parents aren't a bit excited- yeah right! Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...I love the pictures! I was cracking up with the mental image of you pumping at the craps table, haha! Hope ya'll have/had fun!

    ReplyDelete